A Complish discussion is a collaborative document where you can jump in on a conversation, discuss goals & objectives, brainstorm, run your meetings, and loads more. If you're in on the discussion, it's likely that you'll need to contribute in one way or another.
Let's look at how to edit a discussion note, what formatting options are available, how to add images/links/files, and where you can leave comments.
How to edit a discussion
Whether you're the owner of the discussion or just a follower of it, you have permission to edit the contents of a discussion note. To get going, dive right in and start making changes.
To edit copy 👇
1) Highlight the copy you want to edit to reveal your formatting options.
2) You can bold, italics, underline, or cross out copy. Additionally, when you highlight a portion of copy, you can also change the section to an inline code < >, add a link 🔗, or attach a comment 💬.
3) To change the type of content block your copy is in, hover over the line you'd like to change until you see the '⋮⋮' icon.
In the below example, we want to change the heading 'To Discuss' to an H1 (Heading
1). To do so, we hovered over the line, to reveal the '⋮⋮' icon, and then selected, 'Turn into', and picked H1.
Note: If you are creating a new content block, you'll also have the option to insert an image or a file. More on that a bit later. 🙂
If you don't see an option you need, let us know by adding a request! We're always making improvements and additions and are happy to hear your feedback and input on the product!
What else can I edit in a discussion?
Besides copy edits, there's plenty more you can have fun playing around with in a discussion.
Comments - edit a comment, by selecting the '✏️'
Links - clicking on any part of the link brings up the option to 'Edit' or 'Remove' the link.
Images - It's easy to add an image or file. Just follow the steps below:
1) Hover over the place where you'd like to insert an image or file until you see the '+' icon. Click on it to reveal the drop-down menu.
2) Select 🔗 'Insert image/file'. You'll see a box appear, where you can add your files.
3) Drop your files directly in or click to select and upload. When you start uploading files, you'll see something similar to the image below.
Note: To delete an attachment, simply hover over it to reveal an 'x' and click on it to delete.